b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] B in Gen 1:1 (was Hebrew considerations)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: Stephen Shead <srshead+bh AT gmail.com>, b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] B in Gen 1:1 (was Hebrew considerations)
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 20:33:21 -0500

NOTHING pre-existed.

Shoshanna Walker

The primeval waters pre-exist. No statement is made of their creation. They show the same elements as are found in Egyptian primeval waters. Thus, Genesis 1 is not a beginning of the universe. It is the beginning of the formation of creation out of chaos just as we have in Egyptian cosmology. You have a tendency to stray from a simple point and to get lost in technicalities.

Lloyd Barré