b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "the Silver Scrolls"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "the Silver Scrolls"
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:38:25 +0200

----- Original Message ----- > On 26 Jan 2009 at 11:20, Yigal Levin wrote:

Dear Bryant,

You're right, the basic assumption underlying my statement is a
source-critical methodology, which is universally accepted in modern
biblical studies.

"Universally" is a pretty strong word in such a context...

Dave Washburn

No, it's not. While not all modern scholars accept the specific JEPD hypothesis, the methodology is accepted as being valid even by those who do not practice it themselves. Except by people whose faith refuses to let them do so - which is NOT to say that all people of faith do not accept it, just that I know of no one who opposes it who is NOT a "person of faith".

Yigal Levin