b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "the Silver Scrolls"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>, "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "the Silver Scrolls"
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:22:02 -0800

Dear Yigal,

YL: "All it DOES prove is that the author of whatever source Num. 6:24-26
was
taken from knew of a blessing-formula and used it as part of his composition."

Bryant: Source Criticism is being used in the statement above. The text
clearly states that it came from the LORD (vss 22-23) and that Moses was to
tell
Aaron and his sons what blessing was to be pronounced upon the people of
Israel.
That is the source: God to Moses to Aaron and his priestly sons to the people
of
Israel. Unless the text indicates that the priestly blessing came from
somewhere
else, then to postulate/speculate without any evidence to the contrary is
letting one's presuppositions overrule the evidence.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III