b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Trouble getting decent-looking Hebrew in Mac OS X

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Bartlett <jonathan AT newmedio.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Trouble getting decent-looking Hebrew in Mac OS X
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:58:12 -0500

I'm trying to type some decent-looking Unicode Hebrew on Mac OS X, but I'm running into some problems. The default font is ugly, especially when more than one pointing needs to be added to a letter. I've tried fonts like Ezra SIL, but all of the pointings on that font show up left-aligned on the letter. I don't know if that's a font problem, a user problem, or an Mac OS X problem.

Anyway, you can see a font test here to see what I'm looking at:

http://dev.newmedio.com/johnnyb/hebrew.jpg

Any ideas would be appreciated.

jon