b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] resource material was chalal-perforate/pierce?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <michaelabernat9001 AT sbcglobal.net>, "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] resource material was chalal-perforate/pierce?
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:45:23 -0700

Dear Michael,

Besides, BDB, I also use the following:

1) William Holladay, *A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old
Testament,* Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1971.
Originally published by E.J. Brill, Leiden, Netherlands.

2) R. Laird Harris, Editor; Gleason L. Archer, Bruce K. Waltke, Associate
Editors, *Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament,* 2 Volumes, Chicago:
Moody
Press, 1980.

In fact, regarding the issue of "chalal" versus "kalal," I would refer to
TWOT,
Vol. 1, page 288, "Halal."

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III