b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:07:53 -0500

Gary Hedrick wrote:
Sorry, Harold, the second one is remez, not resh. That's what I get
for trusting my memory and not looking it up. Here's a reasonably good
summary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardes_system

Thanks, Gary. I knew what you meant and did not even notice the error. I am familiar with the four terms and perhaps the acronym, but the letters are also those of Hebrew "garden," and Dave was using the term without a clear context that I could fit it into.

Yours,
Harold