b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:46:24 +0000

On 3/28/07, Peter Kirk wrote:

The problem with this analogy is that many of us do not accept that
there is any analogy between our views and those that the earth is flat.
Indeed any suggestion of a similarity might well be viewed as offensive
ridicule.

Peter, I was not refering to views regarding the historicity of any or all
Biblical events in that analogy. If you read carefully through my post,
you will see I never said that. More importantly, that's not what I
meant.

Yitzhak Sapir