b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:06:27 +0000

On 3/31/07, Bryant J. Williams III wrote:

Gentleman,

I think this topic has digressed beyond the list parameters. The moderators
will correct me if I am wrong. At this point, PLEASE just agree to disagree.

Dear Bryant,

I would not like this discussion to end simply because Karl has apparently
chosen to blatantly violate the few list regulations that are enforced by the
moderators. I don't even have time at the moment to respond because I'm
busy, but I really don't want the entire thread closed. I did want to respond
to substantive matters on this issue and I do wish that this would be a
place where scholars and laymen can discuss theories of the history of the
text and literary analysis free of constant "proclamations of faith" in the
inerrancy of the Bible, to which some list members may subscribe but which
are always side points to the main discussion that comes up.

Yitzhak Sapir