b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] oddball theories

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] oddball theories
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:24:41 +0000

Yitzhak,

When you were listing oddball theories on B-Hebrew, you forgot to mention my
oddball theory that the letters in certain quotes can be regrouped into new
words and sentences. (You probably forgot my oddball ideas because I have not
posted any of them lately.) Maybe that would go under textual criticism. Is
that considered an oddball theory if there is no manuscript evidence that the
letters of a certain quote should be divided into words differently? I only
ask this because I don't think anyone will read or answer this email since
everyone is just arguing about Rolf's ideas.

Personally, I like oddball theories because they are interesting even if they
are wrong usually. Scholars seem to have a lot of knowledge, but very little
creativity and imagination. They are great at compiling information, but they
don't seem to even try to have any new ideas. They only say things that seem
"scholarly" and "accepted" by every other scholar, and never go out on a limb
with new and unusual ideas. Maybe I should not have said this, but reading
the debates about Rolf's ideas makes me feel that at least he is rocking the
boat a little which makes things more interesting.

Also, one person seems to be pushing his religious beliefs a lot and I think
that is unfair. I don't want to mention his name, but why don't the
moderators do anything?

Kenneth Greifer
USA

It’s tax season, make sure to follow these few simple tips
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=WLMartagline