b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davidfentonism AT aim.com
  • To: klriley AT alphalink.com.au, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:18:40 -0400

Allow me this afterthought, Kevin. I do not ever try to convince believers
much less non-believers of the inerrancy of Scripture. I do not believe I can
offer any defense for the truth of Torah better than Torah itself. I proclaim
it but never defend it. Of course, I refute and debate fallacious arguments
against the Book all the time because without the right starting point, no
meanigful discussion can be had.

To another point, the B'rit Hadashah (New Testament) makes clear that the
Spirit of G-d is required to comprehend the things of G-d. This is a point
where non-believers will have to remian frustrated because there is nothing
believers can do to change it. However, believers are able to compare their
difference in understanding before and after belief which non-believers are
not ever able to do as it is literally impossible. The way you refer to the
text at the p'shat (surface) level is clear evidence of this. What the text
says can be interpreted through PaRDeS and all else is not even close. Read a
Chumash alone and you will see that even if Drash escapes you. I appreciate
your commentary and position, Kevin. I was there once so I do not disparage
it or you in any way at all. I just want to help you see it through my eyes
despite the gulf between us (and the Tserach is the only bridge from your
side to mine).

David Fenton
Gal. 27-29: For as many as have had a tevilah into Moshiach have clothed
yourselves with Moshiach. There is not Yehudi nor Yevani (Greek), there is
not eved (servant) nor ben chorin (freedman), there is not zachar (male) nor
nekevah (female), for you are all echad in Moshiach Yehoshua/Yeshua. And, if
you belong to Moshiach (YESHAYAH 53:10), then you are of the ZERAH of Avraham
Avinu, you are yoreshim (heirs) according to the havtachah (promise).