b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Gary Hedrick" <garyh AT cjfm.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:37:04 -0500

Harold, PaRDeS is an acronym referring to the rabbinic approach to
the interpretation of the Scriptures. It represents P'shat, Resh, Drash,
and Sod, the four levels upon which they believe a text may be viewed, and
very often, more than one simultaneously. P'shat (the open and most obvious
meaning) is the most common.

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, Texas USA