b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms - some questions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms - some questions
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:47:31 -0800

Bob:

As you said at the end, translating is dangerous work. The first time
you try it, you will make many mistakes. The same with the second
time, but fewer. The third time still many places that don't make
sense, so are mistranslated, but fewer than the second time. Maybe by
the time you have read the text through 10 times, or 15, then it will
start making sense, but even then there will be places that you still
don't understand, and you may mistranslate. I'm just talking from my
own experience.