b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Fwd: Genesis 2:19

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davidfentonism AT aim.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Fwd: Genesis 2:19
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:39:37 -0500

In my opinion, speculation about two different dieties or two traditions
are incongruent with the Bible as a whole. As a text, it might be more
practical to see Genesis 2:19 as a prolepsis which we see again in Genesis
2:2-3 even though Sabbath was not sanctified until centuries later (Exo.
20:8; Deut. 5:15). Chronicles is well-known for this. Apologetics Press
(http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/20) offers an intriguing response
to this question.