b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms - some questions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms - some questions
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 23:42:18 -0800

Bob:

Almost all that I know of the Tanakh, I read in Hebrew. I read the KJV
once, many years ago, but I don't remember what I read, it was so long
ago.

One of the things that you have run into is that the dictionaries that
you use are not that accurate. For example, XTH mean to rake, such as
to rake coals together to keep a fire going. It is used only five
times in Tanakh, not once for to snatch up.