b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Psalms - some questions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bob MacDonald <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Psalms - some questions
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:12:33 -0800

Karl invites: Go ahead and ask them. But remember that even a fool will be
considered wise if he keeps his mouth shut.

OK - but there are too many - here just three

1. Is there an alternative reading for )XT (Psalm 89:35) other than as a
synonym for )HD as suggested by BDB? Could it be the first person imperfect
of something?

2. Who is the subject of the verbs in Psalm 7:12-16? (for my raw translation
see http://bmd.gx.ca/psalms/177.htm

3. I have already said that translating is dangerous work - how will one
deal with the accusation against God in psalm 89:38 except by
understatement?

http://bmd.gx.ca/psalms/261.htm - I may stop here and go to another psalm!

There are dozens of others - but that's enough for now

Bob

Bob MacDonald
Victoria BC
http://gx.ca