b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:38:22 -0500

Dear Bryant,

I take the time of Ezra to be 457 BCE with Nehemiah 447-446 BCE. The 483years
(62 weeks + 7 weeks = 69 weeks) would take one to the time of 27 AD.Nehemiah
went to Jerusalem after obtaining permission of Artaxerxes IV torebuild the
walls of which was accomplished. I do not take the seven weeksof years to run
concurrent. The text does not indicate that. The Mashiach iscut off at the
end of the 69th week.

HH: Here is what I thought to be a good article written from your perspective of a Nehemiah date for the decree to rebuild Jerusalem in Dan 9:25:

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/reagan/dr31.html

Yours,
Harold Holmyard