b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:15:46 -0700

Nehemiah reported that he took only a few months to rebuild the walls
of Jerusalem, yes in difficult times. The he conscripted a good number
of people to populate the city, and they had to build their own
houses, but it is doubtful that they took 49 years to do it.

I do not subscribe to dispensationalism, nor millennielism, so I am
free to look at the text without such blinders. No where in that
prophecy does it say that it was divided into two parts, with one of
49 years and the second and succeeding one of 434 years, rather both
periods could start at the same time, with the shorter one ending
first. Furthermore, this is concerning the land and people of Judea
and the city of Jerusalem, not the world. Finally, there is nothing in
the text to give a floating seven year period waiting in suspended
animation for its consummation. Look at the text.

Karl W. Randolph.

On 9/6/06, Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com> wrote:
Dear Kenneth,

> How do people explain the 7 weeks as 49 years of building Jerusalem?
> Is that what they believe happened in the past?....

Yours,
Harold Holmyard