b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:07:25 -0700

Yonah:

First of all, there were seventy sevens, not sixty three.

Secondly, my reading of Nehemiah, particularly chapters eight and
twelve, show that he was a contemporary of Ezra, whose main work is
commonly understood as having been in the last couple of decades of
the fifth century BC, not a generation earlier as you put it.

490 years later was the close of the Jewish revolt that had lasted
seven years, half way through which the sacrifices were ceased and the
leader of the people who crushed the revolt became emperor.

As for the six purposes you listed below, now we are delving into
theology. Biblical Christians apply that to the soteriological work of
Jesus as described in the New Testament. I do not know how others
interpret it.

Does this answer your questions?

Karl W. Randolph.