b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "I Am" vs. "I Will Be"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "I Am" vs. "I Will Be"
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:58:08 EDT

> For my part, I have argued here before that "I will be" does not answer
> Moses' question. Namely "what is your name?"

I am not sure what the original question might be, but, I think, "And God
said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM...." Maybe it does answer Moses' question.
Suppose God was saying, "I am Eternal": I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and
Jacob, and I am still God ready to go with Moses to Egypt as The One Eternal
God....

Doug.
Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
Tejas Valley