b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "I Am" vs. "I Will Be"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Har1marjohn AT wmconnect.com
  • To: Awohili AT aol.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "I Am" vs. "I Will Be"
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:32:42 EDT

To all,
Catrin H. Williams in the book by Williams : "I Am He." published by Mohr
Siebeck on page 98 states regarding Ex.3:14 translation: "It cannot be ruled
out
that the emphasis on divine creative activity in some targumic versions of
Ex.
3:14bd (N/Ngl1/FT-PVB) is meant to serve as a reminder to Moses that God's
past work in creation provides assurance of his future intervention."
Thus, it is proper to render Ex 3:14 as future.
Regards,
John Carras