b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 07:30:12 -0500

This goes back to verse 4 in Genesis 1: "...and he
divided the light from the darkness." The nature of
light is that if it were not divided from the
darkness, there would be no darkness. As it is,
light, even dimly, permeates all of darkness, just
not all is visible to our eyes. It is in this way
that God "created" darkness.