b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex3:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Awohili AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex3:14
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:32:53 EDT

That may be assuming too much. It may be evidence that the LXX translators
interpreted the Hebrew text to say that, but it is not sufficient to say
that
this is what the Hebrew text means, or meant originally.

The LXX shares the same curiosity found in many English translations of
Exodus 3:14, in that they render the same Hebrew word ehyeh as ESOMAI, "will
be,"
in Exodus 3:12.

LXX: EIPE DE hO QEOS MWUSHi LEGWN hOTI *ESOMAI* META SOU,

MT: wayyomer ki *ehyeh* immak

Solomon Landers

In a message dated 09/12/2005 4:34:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,