b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Awohili AT aol.com
  • To: K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:28:34 EDT

I presume you mean that "biblical" Hebrew "died," not Hebrew. And I think
the pronunciation of YHWH went out of general use long before the 7th
century
CE. This is the first I've heard that Muslims had anything to do with it.

Solomon Landers

In a message dated 08/02/2005 9:42:36 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,