b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:43:05 +0100

Dear Vadim,

do you acknowledge that some modern languages have Y,W and H consonant sounds?
Do you also acknowledge that ancient Hebrew had them?
Do you also acknowledge that ancient Greek did not have them?
Do you also acknowledge that the limitations of the syryllic alphabet are not
a consideration in the matter although they can be used to illustrate why
certain
things happen during transliterations?