b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Inspiration

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Alexander Oldernes <alexander AT oldernes.no>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Inspiration
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:11:58 +0200

If I have understood your question correctly, this may be useful...

Hosea 9:7
NJB: "The prophet is mad and the inspired man a fool!"
NIV: "The prophet is considered a fool, the inspired man a maniac"

Heb: 'ish haruach

Literally "man of the spirit"
Greek: an´thropos ho pneumatopho´ros, "man bearing the spirit; man inspired"
Latin Vulgate, Clementine recension: Vi´rum spiritua´lem

Alexander Oldernes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Riley" <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>