b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Inspiration

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Kevin Riley <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Inspiration
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 08:00:37 -0400

Kevin Riley wrote:

This is not what I wanted to discuss. What the NT says is actually
irrelevant in a discussion of pre-exilic Hebrew ideas. It was written 500+
years after the event. There are various Christian ideas of what
inspiration" and "God-breathed" means and what should be held to follow from
that - and that isn't relevant to this list either. Can we please just stay
with evidence for pre-exilic Hebrew ideas and leave the discussion of
current Christian and Jewish believes for other groups to discuss. The
Hebrew Scriptures also exist separately to the Christian Bible, so it is not
just a part of the Christian Bible.

there is none. period. to ask what the hebrew bible thinks of "inspiration" as a theological concept is to ask what moses thought of airplanes.

Jim

--
D. Jim West