b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "George F Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:24:25 -0500

George:

I don’t have your translation before me, but I noticed that you translated
NBR)W as an active verb, while the form is clearly Niphal.

Starting from the second half of verse 6, “I cause you to hear new (things)
that were not before, (things that were) guarded up that you should not
know them. And now they are created and not from before and before (this)
day, that you should hear of them, lest you should say ‘Behold I know
them.’” (as taken from the text for MacSword project, Aleppo text for Linux
and Mac).

Karl W. Randolph.