b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ex 34:7; V'NaKeH Lo YiNaKe

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ex 34:7; V'NaKeH Lo YiNaKe
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:35:55 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: wattswestmaas <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>

> UNFORTUNATELY the Inf. absolute is in the piel? and this destroys my
> momentary joy at having what I would love to see as a great explanation!
> Sound, merciful and true. But that pointing! Tch! what a rotter.
>
> Chris.

But was what the original author wrote a Piel? Seeing as the points were
invented two millenia after it was written, could they have preserved a
tradition
that was at variance with the author’s original intent?

In difficult to decypher verses, I often find that a logical meaning
consistant with its context and grammar can be teased out of the verse, if I
change a
point or two. Happily such verses are fairly rare.
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm