b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ex 34:7; V'NaKeH Lo YiNaKe

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ex 34:7; V'NaKeH Lo YiNaKe
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 03:48:58 +0000

@Karl:

So you take this as a Niphal as opposed to a Piel?? --
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net

To: kwrandolph AT email.com
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:04:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7
From: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 21:12:56 -0500 "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
writes:
> George:
>
> That prof mentioned Cyrus, but he was speaking in the context of
> prophecies fulfilled during the Babylonian Exile and the return.
>
> You mistranslated Isaiah 48:7, NBR)W is Niphal, referring to the new
> actions that God reported beforehand so that people could recognize
> that God had
> truly spoken and that his profecies, which were so specific even to
> the point of naming names, are to be trusted. Read also the
> context.
>
> Karl W. Randolph.

You claim I mistranslated it so you must translate it and enlighten me.
You can't simply make an unsupported claim an run away.

george
gfsomsel