b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Job 38:14b

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: "hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Job 38:14b
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:59:10 -0500

Hi Clay, you wrote:

Thank You Bryan,

On 2/5/05 6:06 PM, "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com> wrote:

Of course, we need to understand the light that comes with the dawn as a
metaphor for justice.

So it is justice that banishes the wicked from the earth/land (v.13b) and
plunges them into darkness (v.15a)?

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew

Rather, I think that (the practice of) justice reveals the wicked and leaves them defenseless. They are found out by the light, but they do not themselves receive any benefit from the light. On the contrary, the proud power of the wicked will be broken or nullified.

Shalom,
Bryan