b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Job 38:14b

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "C. Stirling Bartholomew" <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
  • To: hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Job 38:14b
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:32:15 -0800

On 2/7/05 10:30 AM, "C. Stirling Bartholomew" <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Dhorme makes a comment that there are other places where a final ( "falls
> out"
> in verses 13 and 15 ...

No, this is wrong. In verses 13 and 15 the Ayins don't look to me as if they
have "fallen out." They are, according to Dhorme, "suspended" and what that
is supposed to illustrate regarding the reading CB( ins verse 14 is beyond
me. Perhaps the English translation of Dhorme I am using isn't doing justice
to the French.

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew