b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A Reader's Hebrew Old Testament

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A Reader's Hebrew Old Testament
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:14:14 -0700

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 10:50, Sameer Yadav wrote:
> I don't see why a printed edition would have to be any
> bigger than the average study bible that contains
> substantial notes on every page (e.g. Ryrie,
> MacArthur). Bibles such as these aren't unwieldy in
> size, so there's no reason to suspect that a BHS
> containing the suggested notes would be all that much
> bigger in size, is there?

One likely reason would be the paper used. Those study Bibles are printed on
"Bible paper," i.e. the really thin "onionskin" paper that was developed
especially for printing Bibles. It's doubtful that the book under discussion
would be put on that kind of paper, so it would probably come out much
larger.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur