b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A Reader's Hebrew Old Testament

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sameer Yadav <sameer_yadav2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A Reader's Hebrew Old Testament
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:50:27 -0800 (PST)

I don't see why a printed edition would have to be any
bigger than the average study bible that contains
substantial notes on every page (e.g. Ryrie,
MacArthur). Bibles such as these aren't unwieldy in
size, so there's no reason to suspect that a BHS
containing the suggested notes would be all that much
bigger in size, is there?

Other than that, the market for it among students in
Semitics programs, seminaries etc. seems just as
viable as Zondervan's "Reader's Greek NT," which has
had even better sales than was at first expected from
what I understand.

- Sameer Yadav