b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Shishak

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Shishak
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:04:44 -0500

Marianne:

Back in the Dark Ages when I was a student, the common statement about new
theories was that they succeeded not because they convinced the old guard,
but because the old guard died off.

This is not only true of the social studies like history, sociology,
psychology, and so forth, but also for hard sciences like physics and
chemistry. By the admission below, is not reliance on Manetho part of the old
guard, and possibly Rohl the wave of the future?

Since I support neither, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Karl W. Randolph.