b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Shishak

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: MarianneLuban AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Shishak
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:15:50 +0100

On 27/08/2004 02:25, MarianneLuban AT aol.com wrote:

... It is those who hardly ever leave a question mark and write things on the order of "Now I am going to show you the statue of Joseph"--that tend to alienate the savants.

This, if directed at David Rohl, is sheer libel. Let me quote from p.235 of "A Test of Time", well before the "Now I am going to show you the statue of Joseph" part:

A Change of Evidence

At this point I need to make a statement concerning the character of this fourth section of the book. ... It is important, therefore, to stress that the nature of the evidence is about to change. ...

In other words, Rohl is admitting without quite using the words that the rest of his book is a speculative reconstruction based on unreliable sources like Manetho.

Meanwhile, Marianne, I haven't noticed many question marks in your recent postings, just quite a lot of statements like "definitely" and "No doubt about it".

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)