b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Relevance Theory & Hebrew Semantics

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Relevance Theory & Hebrew Semantics
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:23:57 -0500

Peter:

But when we look at the Hebrew meanings of the words, in their context
indicates that there were people for whom God’s law, which was far more than
just the law itself, is just a list of dos and don’ts, getting down into
minutiae. This is no “blah blah blah”, just a description of how they treat
Torah.

Karl W. Randolph.