b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <unikom AT paco.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:39:37 +0300

Dear Liz,

Not to delve in the correct translation of every word, here it is:

10. He has bared his holy arm before the eyes of all the nations.
All the ends of the earth have seen it! -- the saving power of our God!
11. Depart! Depart! Get out from there!
Touch no unclean thing.
Get out from the midst of it! Purify yourselves,
you who carry YHWH's clei (earthen vessels, or weapons).

prepare to be the holy warriors, in a sense

Isaiah is comprised of many themes, with various interpolations. That he
speaks about Cyrus chapters ago, doesn't mean he speaks of him here. How
ouwl you weigh 52:13-15? As ugly Cyrus?

Best regards,

Vadim