b-hebrew - Re: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <unikom AT paco.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:11:13 +0300

Doesn't work. Nails were too expensive to waste like that.

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny

> I don't want to get off topic from b-hebrew, but this sounds very similar
to the idea once proposed by NT commentators that when a debt was owed, it
was also placed in a public place and when it was paid a nail was put
through it. It was argued that Paul (although his authorship of Colossians
is questioned by NT scholars) used this analogy when he wrote about the
writings and ordinances being "nailed" to the cross of Christ. (Col.2:14)Is
anyone familiar with this?