b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <unikom AT paco.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 22:52:22 +0300

Doesn't work. 55:1: col, "he" is everyone, every Jew, not a particular
person. Then col is transformed into the nation in 55:5. Still not clear,
though.
Also a problem of him in vs.4 and you in vs.5. Might refer to the same
person, but unlikely.
Then vs6-7 again of all the people.
I would call vs 5 an insert.

Best regards,