b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mark 15:34, Mat 27:46, & Psalm 22

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <jason AT hareplay.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mark 15:34, Mat 27:46, & Psalm 22
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:42:09 -0500

Would the accent be on the object pronoun (shvaqtaNEE) or on the penult
(shvaqTAnee)?

In Hebrew, the accented syllable when you have a personal (object) pronoun
attached falls on the penult normally. Is that not the same in Aramaic?

Jason Hare
Missouri Southern State University - Joplin
Joplin, MO
Spanish Major (Undergrad)
jason AT hareplay.com