b-hebrew - Re: Genesis JEDP ???

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christian M. M. Brady" <cbrady AT tulane.edu>
  • To: H-Bible <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Genesis JEDP ???
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 14:57:27 -0500

Dear Steve,

I think you misread the original post:

I believe Peter was saying that there was a Samaritan temple in this period,
not that the temple at Elephantine was Samaritan. Thus the quote from ABD
was introduced, the implication being that if the Elephantine Jews are
writing to Samaritan priest's for help to build a temple because they too
(the Samaritan priests) had built a temple and would be willing/able to help
them.

But maybe I misunderstood Peter.

Yours,

Cb

BTW, Steve, your computers clock is off by about 18 years.

Cb
cbrady @ tulane.edu
--
"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell
whether a man is wise by his questions."