b-hebrew - Re: Accuracy of the Biblical text??

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lewis Reich" <lewreich AT javanet.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Accuracy of the Biblical text??
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:57:52 -0500

Jason Hare wrote

> I am just curious how many on the list really believe in
> what they read. If my ASKING of such a simple
> question offends you, get a life. You should be more
> grown up than that.

It is not a question of maturity. It is a question of the list charter.

We are fortunate to have participants from a wide spectrum of faith
commitments gathered here to discuss their common interest in the Hebrew
text of the Bible. Experience has shown that opening up discussion to
matters of faith is not conducive to a productive and civil discussion. That
is why it the list guidelines deem it inappropriate to ask open-ended
questions about listmembers' faith commitment or faith-based approach to the
text.

If any participants have questions about the list guidelines, please contact
one of the list chairs off-list.

On behalf of the B-Hebrew Chairs,

Lewis Reich