b-hebrew - Re: Accuracy of the Biblical text??

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <parousia_occ AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Charles David Isbell <cisbell AT home.com>, b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Accuracy of the Biblical text??
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:25:37 -0800 (PST)

With all due respect, my friend, you know nothing of
me but what I let you know. And you presume to know
much. Rather than offend you and your faith, I have
shown that I do have faith in what is written. If you
take offense at my expression of trust in the literary
heritage passed from Moses and the prophets to the
people of God, so be it. I will study it knowing that
God has granted me access; you will study it thinking
it is only some tradition. So be it. Let's get
passed the name calling of children (which you accuse
me of being) and into discussions of truth.

I may be young, but don't let this fool you. I do not
accept what I was taught when I was young. I did not
grow up in a Christian home and no one "evangelized"
me. I am a Christian of my own conviction and that is
one thing that has not much to do with our discussion.
If you want an argument, look for someone else. I am
just curious how many on the list really believe in
what they read. If my ASKING of such a simple
question offends you, get a life. You should be more
grown up than that.

Jason Hare