b-hebrew - RE: Re[2]: Methods in biblical scholarship

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: 'Jim West' <jwest AT Highland.Net>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Re[2]: Methods in biblical scholarship
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 11:00:21 +0100

Jim,

what is the modern sense of the word? And the katås gegrapta references in
the NT? You are mainly right, but at least the point made by M. Schulmann,
and by the authors of NT texts is that ancient writings had obtained some
kind of authority. This is by no mean something special to Jewish
literature. Also in Greek and Roman literature references are made to
ancient sources of authority.

NPL