b-hebrew - Re: Re[2]: Methods in biblical scholarship

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Moshe Shulman <mshulman AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: Methods in biblical scholarship
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 21:25:50 -0500

At 12:03 AM 12/27/1999 +0100, Ian Hutchesson wrote:
>When have I presupposed a DH, Peter??
>
>Did Isaiah who was an adult during the time of Ahaz also write about Cyrus??
>
>Was the book of Daniel which partly shows a date of writing around 250 BCE
>and partly around 165 BCE written by the same person??
>
>Did David write all 150 psalms, considering at least one can definitively
>be placed at the time of exile or later (By the waters of Babylon...)??
>
>Did Moses chronicle his own death in Deuteronomy??
>
>As NPL pointed out Samuel died in 1Sam25, so did he also report his own
>death??

Just for arguments sake, you assume that these cannot be possible. Would
you mind posting what your assumptions are that lead you to such a
conclusion. I think some may disagree with your assumptions.

moshe shulman mshulman AT NOSPAMix.netcom.com 718-436-7705
CHASSIDUS.NET - Yoshav Rosh http://www.chassidus.net
Outreach Judaism http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
ICQ# 52009254