b-hebrew - RE: Re[4]: Methods in biblical scholarship

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: "'peter_kirk AT sil.org'" <peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Re[4]: Methods in biblical scholarship
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:05:59 +0100

Whether you like it or not, but the cases are rather different. In Jude
there is a clear evidence to Henoch, in Acts, the reference is included in
the speech to the Athinians and is to anonymous poets belonging to the Greek
tradition, and in Titus it is the old adage by a Cretan that all Cretans are
liers.

NPL