sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] requests for spells on ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] requests for spells on ISO
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:00:41 -0600

Hamish Greig wrote:
Please take a look, let me know how you feel about the lists, the ones marked
(arguable), and if any other useful utilities etc should be added.

must have spells:
<snip>
cpio:2.5
rpmunpack:0

This early on, is there anything that really needs those. Maybe we can bump those to a bit later on? Most of our stuff comes from tarballs.

On a side note, would it be possible to modify the basesystem spell accordingly. Minimize the basesystem spell down to the 'must have' for required depends and optional_depends for the others?

Geoff