sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] requests for spells on ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] requests for spells on ISO
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:56:52 -0600

Hamish Greig wrote:
If we throw away the size limit then everything can be in the iso_root and CROSS_INSTALL can even be used to compile the packages to the native ARCH, no caches needed.

I'd be wary of not having a cache, if a compile fails, there would be nothing to backup to. I think there should be something that we could backup to. Or maybe you have it taken care of already?

Geoff