sm-discuss - Re: USB mice/keyboard Re: [SM-Discuss] 2.5.x kernel and NVIDIA_nforce spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Jose Bernardo Silva <jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Subject: Re: USB mice/keyboard Re: [SM-Discuss] 2.5.x kernel and NVIDIA_nforce spell
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:05:12 -0400

No problems, just doesn't work in X. In dmesg I can see that both keyboard and
mouse (they share a wireless station) are detected just fine. As I said, I've
tried /devices/input/{mice,mouse0} and /dev/mouse (which is a link to
/dev/psaux). At home with Logitech everything's fine. At work with Microsoft
it's not. Now, I'm using Microsoft's one by plugging them into PS/2 ports
(keyboard's plug is right on the cord, and for the mouse I use included
USB->PS/2 adaptor). Works fine, but this is not cool ;-).

And BTW, I've just dispelled all NVIDIA stuff, and I do have sound and DMA
mode
in IDE, and I even have normal X (but not DRI). NVIDIA's drivers are compiled
for X 4.0 anyway.

Thanks!

--
Sergey A. Lipnevich.