sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 2.5.x kernel and NVIDIA_nforce spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • Cc: Wolfgang Scheicher <worf AT sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>, SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 2.5.x kernel and NVIDIA_nforce spell
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:17:21 -0400

Just to confirm that my drive goes to 100 MHz automatically, and two CD drives
(DVD and CD-RW) are at 33. What you may have is a slow and a fast drive
connected to the same IDE bus. When we bought new PCs recently, they connected
the hard drive and the CD-RW to the IDE0 channel. I reconnected the RW to IDE1
as a slave to the DVD-ROM drive, and I also had to /remove" the jumber switch
in
the HDD altogether, otherwise it wouldn't boot.

--
Sergey A. Lipnevich,
Section guru for: collab, http,